sunnuntaina, huhtikuuta 23, 2006

Soft and sweet

Today is Sunday, and I have been cleaning my wardrobes, taking out summer gear and packing winter stuff away. This also goes for my shoes - I have opened the shoe boxes where I store my summer shoes when they are not in use, and replaced the winter versions with summer ones in my shoe rack in the hallway. The rack is quite full now, since I have so many more summer shoes. Small wonder, for during the summer time, one can really play with all types and kinds, with whatever material, and the leather sole is not such a problem anymore. The summer shoes also tend to be colourful and softer and more open - meaning that it's time to start thinking about a thorough pedicure!

One of my favourite summer sandals are my currently only shoes from Bally. The cream colour nicely enhances the fact that the leather used for these sandals is very soft - the shoes are a pleasure to wear, and can be matched with most things. I've worn them for years, and originally they were bought to replace a very similar pair by Bruno Magli that I used as long as I only could. Practically the only difference to them is in colour - they were tanned brown. I regret I didn't save them and take them to a shoe maker, and order them to make a similar pair. Luckily though, I found these creamies soon enough. The heel is about 4-5 cm, so there is no strain in wearing the pair. The heels are also of very hard material, and make a distinctive 'clickety-clack' sound when I walk - different from any other shoes that I have - and I really love it, for some reason.

During summer, I wear these sandals very frequently if only the weather allows for it, often with my long white linen dress from Marella, or with my jungle grey RL polo safari shorts. Can't wait! Today, I already wore them when letting my cat peak into the staircase in the house that I currently live in, just to hear the familiar sound I'm strangely so fond of :)

Ei kommentteja: