maanantaina, huhtikuuta 24, 2006

Cowboy boots


Cowboy boots suddenly became fashionable last fall after very long time. Since I'm not that trendy, really, I don't think I would have bought any - but it happens that I already owned a pair. Last summer, when visiting my Dad in the countryside where he spends half of the year, I was rummaging through the contents of the attic at random, just to kill time - and ran into this pair.

I was pleased to find them, carefully packed away who knows when by my Mother, now deceased. I had forgotten all about them, and would have thought that they'd be out with the garbage long ago already.

It is so funny sometimes, to be lucky enough still to get new mementos about the loved ones, who are no longer with us. One truly treasures such moments in life. I do, at least.

Ei kommentteja: