torstaina, huhtikuuta 20, 2006

MiniMilano

At some point of my life, I always seemed to end up in Düsseldorf, Germany, for one reason or the other. Either I was flying up to meet a friend, travelling on the train with the Interrail card, first with a best friend and then with a boyfriend, and later, the business trips to this city I had learned to know so well I didn't need a map anymore, became a routine.

I found it a bit funny that of all the cities of Europe, I should be returning to this particular one like a bumerang. And funnier even, though it is the fashion city of Germany, I never was engaged in any fashion-related things there - except of course indulging in extensive shopping activities each and every time I was visiting there.



So, once more in 2003 as I was working for Nokia I set foot in this nice and modern city once again. During my spare time I soon discovered Italy inside Germany: a lovely little shoe shop called 'MiniMilano' became the target of my pilgrimages from then on. The shop was full of wonderful shoes of all kinds - since it was April and the summer was approaching, the collections were at their best.

I ended up buying a full five pairs of shoes with different styles and heel heights, all beautiful in their own way. It was a hard choice though, I could have emptied the shop if only I had stayed any longer than the 5 days planned. The shopping was annoying though in one respect: visa or any other credit cards that I had were not accepted in most small shops, including this one. Since I had long forgotten my PIN numbers for any of my cards, I was forced to take money via my hotel - which is not too cheap, nor handy. I did feel like a shop-a-holic - or like a little girl at a candy store - at some point, when returning to the hotel counter, again and again, for just a little bit more shoe money :D

In any case, these lovely bronze and glitter mules have not yet been worn, though they truly are pretty. Perhaps this somewhat surprising negligence is due to the heel being only about 2 cm, since I rarely wish to use any type of flats. But I will find the occasion, eventually - that I can guarantee!

Ei kommentteja: