lauantaina, huhtikuuta 22, 2006

Beetle juic...I mean shoes

These shoes were coined beetle shoes - Koppikset in Finnish - by a former boyfriend. I find the name quite appropriate since it is so descriptive, and have used it ever since, even if their 'christener' is long gone from my life :)

These beetles have served me well, having been my favourite night scouting shoes until the ankle straps were broken. They have been waiting to get fixed, but till now I have failed to act on this matter - I'm just so lazy sometimes. But many times I leave for the town, I regret this neglicenge. For they are great shoes.

Again, the origin of the shoes is not clear. Somehow, I have the feeling they might be Spanish. However, the label Paolo Santini sounds more Italian. Somewhat surprisingly, the web page does not clearly reveal the origin of the label. If I've understood correctly, the shoes are actually Austrian.

ps. 'Beetle Juice' was originally a strange and intriguing film by Tim Burton, made back in 1988.

Ei kommentteja: