lauantaina, huhtikuuta 22, 2006

For the rainy days


In Finland, there is a shoe designer who is, for some reason, quite popular in general. His name is Pertti Palmroth and the shoes he makes are rather practical, with a wider sole that fits the Finnish shape of foot well, I guess. I do not like their shoes that much, they are too 'down-to-earth' to suit my taste, and my foot is better suited for other shapes, but it seems it is practically impossible not to own a pair of Palmroths if you happen to live in Finland. Mine is a pair of black boots in an imitation of some sort of reptile skin. The material is plastic, so these boots can be used as rubber boots - and in fact that is exactly how I use them. (I use actual rubber boots only if I go to the countryside, if even then.) This spring has been exceptionally rainy, so I have had to use them a lot, unfortunately! There have been but few sunny days till now.

The heels are very sturdy, so the boots are very comfortable to wear and walk even longer distances. The upper part is moulded to reflect the curve of leg, and the fit is quite appropriate - it should be, since the material does not give in at all. I usually wear these boots with long pants, so they are only partly visible. I don't have that much good to say about the pair except that they are practical and have a certain place in my shoe collection, but men seem to like them surprisingly much - I guess 'black boots' - even of this kind - have a special meaning to them.

Ei kommentteja: