perjantaina, maaliskuuta 16, 2007

The New Indian Slippers

Again, I'm at home sick, with yet another flu. Alas! I am so tired of falling ill all the time, all over again.

This time it was the early spring that tempted me outside with too little on, lured by the wonderful sunshine that has lighted this city for a few days in a row now. As I left from work on Tuesday, I was freezing, and next day I already had to leave early. Since then I've stayed within four walls, once more confined to my little flat. But with the sun finally there, I can bear it - but only just so!

So, on my feet, as most of the time these days, my new pair of Indian slippers I purchased in the sales some time in January. I had spotted the pair earlier, but hesitated, since I already had a pair. However, luckily I realised that the 5-year-old pair was developing holes in the soles, and I would soon be really needing a new pair. (There are many types of needing of shoes, this is, I guess, the most authentic one in a way.)

These new slippers are very nice and this time I was better prepared to stop my cat from ripping the inside stuffing out of the soles as she did last time - she just loves the smell of new leather! In fact, I originally bought the first pair because of her: I wanted to get a pair of slippers that feel like there is no sole at all, so that I would notice if I'm about to step on her tail!

Ei kommentteja: