sunnuntaina, maaliskuuta 18, 2007

The Colour Purple

I just love the colour purple, so providing this post was a great pleasure - in more ways than one.

I am still at home ill, so I have the time to photograph and write. I also took the time, after a long time, to build an ensemble for the picture - a real still-life.

These purple Bruno Magli sandalettes with golden heels and decorations date some 15 years back. I've only worn them a couple of times, maybe twice or thrice - I'm not sure. They are surrounded by items in similar colour: In the background there is a Chinese bag that I bought quite recently, maybe 2 weeks ago. The shoes are placed on top of a Tibetan or Indian scarf that I bought in 1998 from Tibetan monks who came from the Dharamsala monastery all the way to Finland, to build a mandala from grains of coloured sand inside the exhibition halls of the Design museum I was working at at the time. There was a whole exhibition on Tibetan culture, and even Dalai Lama himself visited us! Those were truly interesting moments!

The ensemble is completed with a cute little brooch from Pilgrim.

The name of the blog came to my mind from a film with similar title by Steven Spielberg (1985). This is an important film about the rights of black women. Oprah Winfrey, whose talk show I just love, was playing one of the leading roles as Sofia in it. So, I dedicate this post to that film and to human rights in general!

Ei kommentteja: