sunnuntaina, heinäkuuta 30, 2006

"Yo-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho...

...The sailor with the navy blue eyes"!

These are my 'sailor sandals', and I have very blue eyes, so that explains the title for this post, taken from some sailor song, now doesn't it? ;)

These navy blue sandals always look very fresh. They are also very comfortable, and I like navy blue a lot. When I was younger, it was one of my favourite colours.

However, the colour is spoilt to a great extent, since it is the standard colour for all kinds of uniforms - Navy blue got its name from the dark blue (contrasted with white) worn by sailors in the Royal Navy of the U.K. since 1748. So wearing a navy blue suit is therefore usually not a good idea, since people will think you are part of the staff and act accordingly, asking you for this and that!

Navy blue might not suit me that well, but I will wear it anyway. I especially like to wear this pair with a polka dot skirt of the same colour, or to pair them with red pants, for example. And why not with white.

I wore these shoes a few days back, when I went to a doctor's appointment - the third time this week, I have been very ill once again, with a temperature going all the way up to 40°C! It appears I'm allergic to penicillin :/ So the whole week was wasted on that...luckily I have now recovered. At first, the doctor thought I had nephropathia epidemica, which would have been quite scary!

The corrected diagnosis was a 'mere' allergic reaction...which also could have been deadly, since I also got the worst symptom, the Anaphylactic reaction, and had trouble breathing - but luckily it was not as severe as it could have been. But it left my bronchial tubes aching, still, and feeling extremely tired.

(2.8.06) Later on, I have been confused by the whole accident - it is so strange to think that what happened was actually quite dangerous. It kinda struck me only now...Life is fragile.

Ei kommentteja: