perjantaina, heinäkuuta 21, 2006

back to work

My summer vacations are unfortunately over, so it's back to work work work again! The summer has been great, though, the weather being quite hot and sunny almost every day. I went to the countryside for a week or so, which was just so great. Also my cat was able to accompany us, which I was very happy about. She, however, didn't much care for the outdoors, but would rather observe us grilling food or ourselves, in the sun, through the cottage windows. During the week, her favourite spot became the tv, on top of which she was lying and watching us go about in the terrace, or, to her obvious horror, swimming! :) At times, we would disappear altogether, as we took to the lake with the boat, and returning, once again, with no fish caught.

I managed a whole week with only 4 pairs of shoes: the Estonian ones (which I didn't even use), red high-heeled espadrille legwrap sandals, orange flats (also from Estonia actually) and brand new golden flip-flop sandals by Dumond. (Well, on top of that, I do have 1 pair stashed at the summer cottage, an old pair of black Bruno Magli sandals that are very comfortable and classy.) I will provide pictures once I find the time and energy to take them.*

My countryside garderobe grew essentially before the trip. The extensive shopping done before the actual trip was a nice addition to the overall pleasure, in fact ;) I made great purchases from Mango and Vero Moda for easy-to-wear, casual clothes just right for the occasion - not to mention a beautiful gold-embroidered shirt by Marella. I think I now have become a regular customer at the two stores mentioned, since I'm so happy with what I found!

Back to the city, I have rummaged about in the sales some more, and found even more nice shoes: 3 pairs by a new 'acquaintance', Spanish shoemaker 'PK Paker' - the label looks suspiciously similar to "Peter Kaiser" - red, white, and duck egg green. With a 70% price reduction, I consider them a real bargain. I could have bought more, but...I guess a girl can't have everything :)

Anyways, this takes away my worry about running out of shoes to picture for my blog - I now realise that will never happen....!

---
*...which happened during my sick leave between 26-28.7.

1 kommentti:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...
Blogin hallinnoija on poistanut tämän kommentin.