keskiviikkona, heinäkuuta 26, 2006

Woman in red

Red is a colour that, with shoes (and probably with everything else) has something very specific about it. It is a very strong and bright colour that is connected with both love and aggression. It is also sometimes considered sinful, at least in the western culture.

I have always liked this colour, but wear it rather seldom. Currently, now that it is summertime, I feel ok with my nails short and painted with "Indian red", as the label on the side of the nail polish bottle claims - a simple, pure, clear red that only seems appropriate in summer, or maybe also when worn with mere black outfits. My red linen dress I have already described, and I also have one favourite bag from Laura Ashley with beautiful printed decorations on leather and made in India.

I used to have just one pair of red shoes - or two, to be exact, if we also count my espadrilles - but the ones I have are loafers and do not really incorporate the essential red shoe. I've always wanted to have high-heeled red stilettos, but never bought a pair. Why? Maybe I always considered it too much, maybe there weren't good models available....I don't know. What I do know is that I was hugely jealous when one of my dearest friends, Katja, or Ekaterina as she comes from Russia originally, described her latest purchase of exactly such real type red shoes to me a few years back! But for one reason or the other, I till this day do not own such a pair. Strange!

I am a little bit closer to this goal, however, since I ran into quite a pretty pair of red shoes at the summer sales at one point. A pair from this mysterious "PK Paker" from Spain, it has some very nice ideas on the top and is quite comfortable to wear - also to work. And, last but not least, these shoes present a perfect match to my red leather bag :)

My cat also likes red, even though I read somewhere that cats cannot see red, really. But somehow she still seems to prefer the red toys to play with, the red ribbons, even the red shoes...or does she? According to this little picture series, she might still consider the outdoors far more exciting than a pair of some such strange objects, red or not!


ps. the title of this entry of course refers to the film classic with the same name

Ei kommentteja: