keskiviikkona, toukokuuta 24, 2006

Something blue...

"Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" is an old wedding tradition according to which the bride needs to wear all of the above to be lucky in the marriage, as well as in life in general. Being somewhat superstitious, I always thought that should I marry, I would abide to the rule. So, when I bought these blue silk shoes from Bruno Magli long ago, I thought I could use them for that 'something blue'. However, time has passed and I remain an old maid - and I thought, what a waste to keep such a lovely pair in the closet, so I started wearing them anyway :)

Till now, I have been able to match the pair with blue-and-white striped underwear, and here they lie over a silk dress in similar blue hue I found in the sales last summer, bought for a friend's wedding (but not worn, I chose something else the last minute). They also look quite nice with a pair of blue jeans. They have started to look a bit worn, so now they would qualify also for the 'something old' part (as would their wearer...)! In any case, I'm not too sure if they would do for such good bridal shoes anyway, since they tend to slip away and might not be too good to dance with.. :)

Ei kommentteja: