keskiviikkona, toukokuuta 24, 2006

Estonian charm

I am currently at home, having been ill over a week now and slowly recovering from what seems like the worst case of flu I've had in a very long time. I feel dreadfully weak - with the slightest effort my heart starts to bounce heavily and I immediately feel very tired. I have little appetite, and cannot taste anything, which feels quite funny actually. I've tried the strongest tastes, but not even chili can make my tastebuds work - or at least not communicate any message to the gourmet part of my brain..or any part for that matter.

So, I have not much to do, being too weak for most things - I just sleep and watch some tv if I'm up - but now I decided I am strong enough to update my shoe blog just a little bit. I've been longing to photograph the blue silk shoes and also these beauties found in Estonia two years ago - for I absolutely adore them. They were a gift from my then boyfriend: when we were visiting the capital of Estonia, Tallinn, with another couple in the summer of 2004, my boyfriend told me that he would buy me anything I want! So I found these wonderful shoes in one of my favourite colours (as well as some other shoes, lingerie and a very nice bikini). Here I have pictured the shoes on the window sill over my lamb skin suede jacket in similar colour - I often do wear them together. These shoes have earned me a lot of compliments from other women, and whenever I wear them, my feet are almost burning from the envious looks they collect! So I really love them, and remember the generosity of their giver :)

The Estonian women are quite feminine and love beautiful clothes and especially high heels, much more than their Finnish counterparts - but for few exceptions, such as I. Shopping in Tallinn is great fun for I like the selections there more, and the prices are often more affordable than in Finland. What I also always buy in the old town is many bunches of flowers - they can endure the short trip back to Helsinki easily, and will give pleasure for at least a week or so for me and my cat, originally from Tallinn, who seems to love the scent of the flowers of her native country strikingly much. It is practically impossible to keep her nose away from the buds for a second!

Ei kommentteja: