lauantaina, toukokuuta 06, 2006

Miss Pinky

Today, even though it is Saturday, I had to travel to the airport for some work-related business. We, a colleague and I, went to collect one of our summer interns, arriving fresh from India - a young student first time outside the borders of his native country.

The day was hot by local standards, temperature rising up till 22 °C, so I wore my ivory linen suit by Episode (don't know if the label still exists) which always feels so adequate to fight the heat. Since I was travelling by car, I realised that for this mission, I would be able to use my fabric-coated Brazilian summer sandals that are otherwise so 'demanding' - they endure no rain, for example.

Meeting these youngsters (there will be four of them) has been such a pleasure: for them, this is all a big adventure, being so far away from home, somewhere as exotic and remote as Finland is for the most. It will be a pleasure to follow their enthusiasm and vigor while their stay in this Northern destination.

Ei kommentteja: