sunnuntaina, toukokuuta 07, 2006

Butterfly sandals

I have indulged in another shoe purchase last week. I was only accompanying a colleague in a local supermarket where he wanted to find comfortable sandals to be worn at work. In the IT field where I work, most engineers tend to wear something from Birkenstock (or equivalent) for work. Needless to say, I don't - my choice is something a bit more feminine (then again, I'm not an engineer). In fact, I'd rather drop dead than be caught in something so hideous! Also, my feet are so used to heels that if I wear flats for longer periods, my knees will start to ache. So I was born to wear heels. Quod erat demonstrandum. ;D

Anyway, as I was standing by while my colleague was trying on his sandals, I got so bored that I wandered off towards the ladies' section. And lo' and behold! These pink&gold sandalettes with strass butterflies attached to the front were glittering in the shelf. Trying them on was hardly necessary - the mental decision to get them was more or less instantaenous. However, I stayed firm at first, wanting to visit some other stores that I knew of in order to see if this type of shoe could be found elsewhere, so that I could choose among a selection.

A quick rampage through the main stores in the city center soon proved that they were one of a kind, so I went back, tried them on once more to somehow justify the purchase, and headed to the counter.

They are quite lovely and can be worn cosily at home with lingerie. They might be perfect also for some special evenings during summer - for example, if going out to dine in some flashy restaurant or to a posh night club.

Ei kommentteja: