maanantaina, marraskuuta 27, 2006

More boots

Well, since I started, why not continue? So here some more boots I'd like to have.

I'm still (!) at home sick, apart from a trip to the doctor's today and abt 3 hrs at work. Even if I truly hate being ill, it kind of has put things in perspective. I'm not irreplaceable, things proceed without me, too. It's a very nice realisation.

I joked to a colleague today who had met a computer security guru, Ross Anderson that to me, "as first association, 'Ross' denotes something quite different, namely, a very nice shoe manufacturer". It made him laugh, which in turn made me glad. So, it should not come as a surprise that in the first picture, lovely black mocha boots from this Ross are presented. I have actually tried them on, and they are very cool.

The second picture shows boots laced all up. This pair is from Rizzo, I've tried on something very similar by a label called Via Vai, or Vai Via, or...something. Very nice also. Kind of decent and seductive at the same time. The pair I tried on was very comfortable and I would have bought the pair, if the price weren't so high. Unfortunately, girl can't have everything! (or anything, as it often seems these days on the academic joke-of-a-salary).

I like laces, the way they look, but luckily there is a zip on the side - it would be quite tiresome to really lace them up in the morning! Would add yet another hour to my morning rituals (now taking abt 2 hrs, including getting out of bed, feeding cat, making the green tea and two pieces of rye bread, reading the newspaper, shower, playing with the cat, dressing, re-dressing, re-re-dressing (just kidding here!), going to the hallway with the cat, catching her, running for the bus) for sure.

Ei kommentteja: