perjantaina, joulukuuta 29, 2006

Falling for Marina

Enter Marina, the very nice ankle boot from Peter Kaiser I found in the sales two days ago. I feel I am in love already.

I have been desperately looking for good shoes this winter, with little success till now. Most boots so fashionable at the moment are too long for me, and also the style is not according to my taste. Or, the shoes I spot have been a bit too expensive, my budget being as 'low' currently as allowing for max 200€ only, which excludes most lovelies from little shoe shops from within my reach unfortunately. I feel this is a lot to pay for boots, and I must say the prices have gone up considerably since we started using the Euro. I cannot imagine before not getting any kind of boots for under 1000 Fmk (~150 €) as is now the case. But now the sales have changed all that, even if I still didn't go to too many little boutiques but to the big department stores only.

Which I regret, since even though I prefer the anonymity in shopping that these big stores allow for, the selections of the little boutiques would be more according to my taste. I do need to find the perfect girlfriend or two for shopping! One needs an accompanying friend to go to these little shops, to lure the sales personnel away, since they rarely are of any use, not knowing either my taste nor wallet. Perhaps I can allure Ekaterina to start shopping with me..? She is so beautiful, and her taste is somewhat similar to mine. Small wonder, then that I am often taken to be Russian, I've been told this many times - and I am proud of it, for Russian women can truly be quite elegant and beautiful. I think I'll complete the impression by trying to take up the language again this spring.

These shoes were long overdue - I didn't have any such black stiefeletten, only brown ones. These will go beautifully with all black trousers and jeans that I have, maybe even with skirts.

Currently, I am at home with a flu - again. I developed a temperature last night, and I am so disappointed in it all, mainly for two reasons. 1) It is not too long ago that I was sick for two whole weeks the last time, I think three weeks ago or so; and 2) I cannot go anywhere wearing my new boots! Poor me!

Ei kommentteja: